Renovation / New Build Interior Design Service
We make the renovation and new build process easy and simple for busy hardworking professionals who want a beautiful home but don’t have the time or expertise to design or manage the project. I will guide you through the process and deliver a beautiful and functional home, with a cohesive and flowing design, that you will LOVE living in.
With my build and renovation experience and my design expertise, I will ensure that we develop a master plan where everything is included in the detailed design, and is ready to be included in the construction, at the right time and for the right budget. Use my extensive commercial contactsand trade-deals to save you money.
FULL SERVICE INTERIOR DESIGN
- PHASE 1 PROJECT INITIATION
- PHASE 2 THE DESIGN PROCESS
- PHASE 3 PROCUREMENT/ CONSTRUCTION
- PHASE 4 construction
- PHASE 4 completion
1. Client meeting to establish and refine requirements and confirm design aesthetic direction
2. Letter of Agreement, including detailed brief
3. Establish project timeline
4. Confirm site data – ie. Plans, photos etc
1. Review of building / renovation plans, suggestions and recommendations to ensure optimal use of the space
2. Detailed floor plan to scale (if required).
3. Layouts/floor plans/ elevations for kitchen and bathrooms.
4. Conceptual style, colour and accessory plan – using mood boards and design boards.
5. Detailed renderings of the space – complete with finishes, furnishings, lighting and window treatments
6. Detailed Design Plan – Specification of initial selections.
a. Finishes and Materials for agreed internal and external areas (eg. Flooring, tiling, Benches, cabinetry etc).
b. Fixtures and Fittings for agreed internal and external areas (eg. Tapware, lighting, window furnishings); and
c. Furniture and appliance selections for agreed internal and external areas (eg. Oven, fridge etc.
7. Comprehensive Budget
8. Design Plan Presentation (including samples)
9. Revision of initial Design Plan based on client feedbacK
PROCUREMENT / CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTATION
1. Design Plan approval.
2. Full set of Construction Schedules detailing all final fixtures, fittings, finishes, appliances, furniture and accessories. Schedule will reference all building drawings and show the finish (material and colour) for each surface area.
3. Full set of Construction Documents for kitchen and bathroom joinery.
4. Co-ordinate with suppliers and builder re lead times, and construction schedule.
5. Revision of documents based on client feedback – client sign off.
6. Furniture plans and layouts.
7. Detailed schedule of furniture and accessories
1. Respond to RFIs, make comment on variations and review workshop drawings
2. Issue design advice as required
3. Allowance for coordination of furniture installation on site
4. Final installation planning, logistics planning and troubleshooting
1. Co-ordination of delivery and installation on site
2. Reveal day
4. Final walk through
INTERIOR DESIGN CONSULTS
We can assist with any and all of the following:
1. Honest feedback on your building plans, space planning and how to proceed with the design
2. Colour consulting for interiors and exteriors
3. Design of kitchen and bathroom renovations
4. Selection of fixtures and fittings for kitchens and bathrooms
5. Selection of furnishings and décor to maximise your enjoyment and use of your new home
The first step in deciding which interior designer is the best fit for you, is the discovery call. This isa great opportunity to sound me out and decide if you’d like to book a consult, or proceed to a fullservice proposal. If you have decided you want to work with me, then I’ll need to understand the size and scope of your project, so that I can calculate an estimated design fee. This is not a fixedfee but rather represents a realistic estimate of hours that should be allowed for based on the scope of works, at my hourly rate.
If you’ve looked at my portfolio and social media and would like to explore how I can assist you with your interior design goals, click below.